Celebrating the Library's
On Saturday, September 9, from 10am–4pm, the Library held an open house including a special family Story Time where author Christie Matheson read her children's book, Plant the Tiny Seed. Visitors also enjoyed a book sale, a new exhibition by award-winning botanical artist Kristin Jakob, children's crafts, a plant sale featuring California natives and succulents, and more. Many thanks to everyone that came out to celebrate.
The Helen Crocker Russell Library of Horticulture is made possible by the generous contributions from our community. If you missed our event but would like to give a birthday present to the Library, please consider purchasing books from our Amazon Wish List or donating funds to help support this remarkable resource. We would like to thank the donors, staff, members, volunteers, and visitors who have helped the Library thrive and provide new and innovative ways to extend our resources and make them available to youth, to educators, and to our diverse community.
Open House-September 9, 10am–4pm
All Day Activities
- 10:30 — Plant the Tiny Seed story time with author Christie Matheson
- 1:00 — Welcome by Brandy Kuhl, Head Librarian
- 10:00–1:00 — Garden plant sale: natives & succulents
- Meet library staff and volunteers
- Learn about our collections and programs
- Art exhibition by botanical artist Kristin Jakob
- Used book sale in library courtyard
- Craft activity for kids and the young at heart
- 45th Anniversary photo exhibition