Travel the World in 55 Acres
Escape to a unique urban oasis of extraordinary beauty at San Francisco Botanical Garden, showcasing 8,000 different kinds of plants from around the world.
Adults (February - October)
Adults (November - January)
Youth & Seniors
(Ages 12-17 and 65+)
Children (Ages 5-11)
Toddler (Ages 4 and under)
(2 adults and all children under 17 residing in the same household)
Garden Members, School Groups, San Francisco Residents, & Veterans
(with proof of residency)
Golden Gate Park
1199 9th Ave
San Francisco, CA, 94122
near the corner of 9th Ave. at Lincoln Way
Friend (North) Gate
at MLK Jr. Drive off the Music Concourse
(Use Main Gate for early entry
- Thu, Jun 16San Francisco Botanical Garden
- Sat, Jun 18San Francisco Botanical GardenJun 18, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PMSan Francisco Botanical Garden, 1199 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122, USAJoin San Francisco garden educator, Carey Craddock, for a workshop on growing your own herbs in a small garden space. If you don’t have a garden but still want to pick your own herbs, this class is for you! If you want tips on the herbs you already have growing in your garden, this class is for you!
- Sat, Jun 18San Francisco Botanical Garden
- Sat, Jun 25San Francisco Botanical GardenJun 25, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PMSan Francisco Botanical Garden, 1199 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122, USAOn this gentle 2-2.5 hour walk, a certified Forest Therapy Guide will lead you through a series of crafted invitations to assist you in finding your own authentic way of interacting with the More-Than-Human World while building community with your fellow participants.
- Sat, Jul 09San Francisco Botanical GardenJul 09, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PMSan Francisco Botanical Garden, 1199 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122, USAJoin us for an extended meditation practice period (9am-1pm) in the supportive and beautiful container of the Garden. The morning will include alternating periods of sitting meditation, walking meditation, gentle moving meditation, and Qigong.
- Sat, Jul 16San Francisco Botanical GardenJul 16, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM PDTSan Francisco Botanical Garden, 1199 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122, USAJoin us for an introductory 5Rhythms class, exploring our power and essence through the natural elements. Dancing in the Garden is a moving meditation from solid Earth through the heart, to the invisible Ether.
- Wed, Aug 24San Francisco Botanical GardenAug 24, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PMSan Francisco Botanical Garden, 1199 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122, USAEnjoy the intimate space of the Garden of Fragrance as you sketch and paint with the luscious colors of watercolor pencils. In this workshop you will learn how to use this versatile pencil to create images of the flowers of the garden in a loose and lively manner.
- First Thursday of the month: March 3 - 12pmSan Francisco Botanical Garden
Learning & Engagement
Become a Member
Explore membership opportunities and how to experience all the Garden has to offer with special benefits throughout the year.
Help inspire people of all ages to cherish, understand, and protect our planet's beauty and biodiversity!