San Francisco Botanical Garden depends on support and contributions
from both private and public sources. The maintenance and display of our
collections as well as our conservation-education programs would not be
possible without the generosity of environmentally minded individuals
Collections that have the greatest conservation value are the Mesoamerican
and Southeast Asian Cloud Forests. Projects available for funding include:
- master planning for each collection so that the species are grouped
and displayed in the best horticultural and educational design,
- construction of the beds, paths and installation of plants that would
make the masterplans a reality
- endowment of horticulturist positions dedicated to the care of the
- interpretive signs in each collection that educate the public about
cloud forests, and the importance of saving their biodiversity.
- Continuing the collaborations in Southeast Asia to collect rare
species for San Francisco Botanical Garden, and to conduct capacity-building projects
All donations to the San Francisco Botanical Garden Society are tax-deductible to
the fullest extent of the law, and you may direct your contribution for
use in a specific project. Our I.R.S. 501(C)(3) number is 94-6050168.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Development
Phone: (415) 564-3239, ext. 302
We hope that you will consider supporting us in our mission of horticultural
display and environmental education.