The San Francisco Botanical Garden Society is currently seeking a:
Visitor Services Agent
San Francisco Botanical Garden Society is looking for an energetic, friendly, plant-loving, and knowledgeable person to work in the Visitor Services department at San Francisco Botanical Garden in Golden Gate Park.
The Visitor Services Agent prime objective is to help open and close the Garden; greet Garden visitors in a friendly and positive manner; efficiently facilitate sales and transactions; and correctly answer inquires for information about the Garden's collections, programs, and other associated offerings.
Weekend availability required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome visitors to the Garden in a friendly and hospitable manner. Utilizing provided maps and resources properly orient visitors to the Garden and direct them to highlighted areas.
- Initiate and complete all sales transactions quickly and accurately. Reconcile cash and credit card transactions to zero at the end of each shift.
- Understand the basic aspects of the garden operations, collections, and history in order to answer visitor questions. Also have knowledge of San Francisco, Golden Gate Park, Bay Area public transportation, and other local amenities.
- Ensure that all displays, racks cards, brochures, ticket stock and other supplies are well stocked at all times.
- Maintain an organized and clean working environment in kiosks.
- Help to monitor all areas of the Garden to ensure that problems are reported and fixed immediately. Report any problems to the Lead Visitor Services Agent or Visitor Services Supervisor.
- Suggest new ideas to the Lead Visitor Services Agent or Visitor Services Supervisor to further streamline the operation of the Visitor Services Program.
- Special projects as needed.
Visitor Services Agent reports to the Visitor Services Supervisor.
Approximately 15-20 hours a week, including weekends and holidays.
Compensation: $12 per hour
Please e-mail a brief cover letter and resume to Karla Schiemann.
Please address any questions via email to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.