Categories include Best Gardens in:
California Natives * Drought Tolerance * Biodiversity and Pollinators
- All contest participants must attend one free Grey2Green workshop. These informative workshops are free, and will cover the permitting process, garden plant selection, and design.
- Only new sidewalk gardens are permitted to enter
- All entries must have before as well as after photographs of
their sidewalk gardens
- All entries must meet all SF Department of Public Works
requirements for the Sidewalk Landscape Permit
- Top candidates will have completed plant names listed
(Genus & species)
How to Enter
- Send in your intent to enter the contest with your Sidewalk Landscape Permit application, and send photos to email@example.com
- Deadline to submit Sidewalk Landscape Permit for contest is November 30th, 2011
- Prizes will be awarded to first place and runner-up gardens in all three categories. First prize in all three categories receive $50 gift certificates to The Urban Farmer Store. Second place in all three categories receive $25 gift certificates to The Urban Farmer Store.
Please call (415) 641-2623 for more information or questions about
the Sidewalk Landscape Permit process.
Special thanks to The Urban Farmer Store for
furnishing prizes for the Sidewalk Garden Contest!
Grey2Green is a partnership between: